Underfleet Curriculum: Modern education is not a fun experience. As a result, it crushes the natural passion to learn. Our basic ideas about how education unfolds must radically change. Underfleet Curriculum is here to shed light on the path to a radically improved way of educating.
2. Salman Amin Khan: Innovate Education
His evil plan to destroy the world? “A free world-class education for anyone anywhere.”
3. Eamonn Healy: The Crescendo Will Happen In Our Lifetime.
Our education system must be one that is flexible and adaptable as the future comes faster and faster.
4. Juan Enriquez: Challenges the Future will Face.
This video is included in the curriculum after Eamon Healy to offer tangible demonstrations of innovation's pace and the need for an education that addresses this future.
5. Sugata Mitra: Education Scientist's Unbelievable Discovery.
This Ted Talk won the first ever Ted Prize. His method is currently sweeping the world by storm. His new discovery has been implemented by teacher's all over the world to do incredible things, but standardized testing restricts it.
6. Geoffry Canada: "The Study Says We Have To Change"... (Laughs)
This is the Last video in the Curriculum. Geoffry Canada gives an amazing pep talk and summarizes the necessity to make major changes.
BONUS VIDEO: Ramsey Musallam: Modern Teaching is Hands Off. Kids are Free to Fly.
Ramsey Musallam is among the first education scientists to take the step from Teacher to Mentor. He is stepping back and letting natural curiosity do its job while inspiring and encouraging along the way.
1. Allan Savory: How to turn a desert into a forest using Apex Predators.
3. There is a "dead-spot" in the Gulf of Mexico the size of New Jersey. It is caused by fertilizers and pesticides pouring into the Mississippi. These ranchers don't need chemicals. They are producing more without them using Allan Savory's methodology.
2. Apex Predators Create Life. Counter-intuitive? Wolves brought over 80 species back to Yellowstone.
4. Tony Lovell explains how we can use these methods to hold the excess green house gasses in our atmosphere. Who thought of this first?
SOCIAL CHANGE CURRICULUM
1. Toby Eccles: How to make small changes that have big effects.